We are inspired by organizations that work to creatively strengthen our communities. Since the 1890s, Imperial has invested in thousands of community-building initiatives across Canada, and we continue to offer financial and volunteer support to hundreds of organizations every year.
Our focus areas
Read Imperial’s criteria below to ensure your request matches our eligibility to apply:
- a charitable organization with a valid CRA registration number
- a registered non-profit organization with a valid B/N business registration number
- a Canadian public education institution or a government body
- a local community or Indigenous group
- for-profit business
- organizations based outside of Canada
- activities taking place outside of Canada
- political parties or candidates
- individual applicants or individual pursuits, including travel
- advocacy or lobby groups
- religious or politically-affiliated organizations
- endowments or matching grants
- capital campaigns
- building infrastructure
- on-going operating budgets
- private clubs funded through membership fees
- scholarship chair programs
- debt-reduction campaigns
- trusts or funds
Our applications are carefully reviewed by our community investment team to ensure eligibility criteria are met. You can expect to hear back from us within four to six weeks of your application submission.
All applications and proposals must be submitted online.